By using a water softener, North Texas area homeowners can avoid those problems and enjoy safe and soft water. So how does a water softener by Ecowater of Texas work?
Before we discuss how a water softener works, it’s important to know the basic chemical process behind it. Water softeners rely on a principle called ion exchange, in which ions of a specific charge are replaced with ions of a stronger charge. In the case of water softeners, the ions in question are calcium, magnesium and sodium. Calcium and magnesium are the main minerals that make water “hard,” and they have a stronger positive charge than sodium. During the water softening process, sodium is replaced by calcium and magnesium.
How does a water softener work?
When water enters a water softener, it passes through a tank full of negatively charged plastic beads. These beads already have positively charged sodium ions attached to them. Through the process of ion exchange that we described above, the calcium and magnesium attach to the plastic beads and replace the sodium. As a result, these minerals are removed and the water becomes “softer.”
However, this process reaches a point when all of the sodium in the beads has been replaced by calcium and magnesium. At this point, the softener goes into a regeneration cycle in which the beads are soaked in a highly concentrated solution of sodium and water. Even though the sodium has a weaker charge, the large amount of it causes the calcium and magnesium to detach from the beads. Those minerals are flushed down a drain pipe, and the beads with sodium are ready to restart the process.
Ecowater of Texas water softening systems solve hard water problems by removing the minerals, especially limescale, calcium and magnesium, in your water. Hard water and its high mineral content generally aren’t linked to many safe drinking water concerns, but at high enough levels they can be an issue. More often homeowners get a water softening system to reduce mineral buildup in pipes, on fixtures, as well as to make water more pleasant for bathing and washing (bathing in hard water can leave a soap scum layer that traps bacteria and can cause skin irritation). If you’ve got hard water, having a water softening system installed is an excellent investment.
The EcoWater ERR 3500 Series combines the benefit of water softening and filtration into a single, low-maintenance system.
- Removal of chlorine taste and odor, hardness minerals, and sediment.
- A layer of coconut-shell carbon that filters the water throughout the home without compromising water flow.
- Provides great tasting, healthier water in every outlet.
- Prevents scale build-up on pipes, faucets and water using appliances.
- According to the University of New Mexico, softened water can reduce hot water heating costs nearly 30%.
- Soft water also requires up to 75% less soaps, cleaners, and shampoos according to the Battelle Institute.
- Eliminates spots on silverware, glasses and dishes.
- Tested and certified by NSF International and WQA against NSF/ANSI Standard 44 for the reduction of Barium and Radium 226/228.
Just like your television, your EcoWater Water Softener even comes with an optional remote control.
This HydroLink™ Technology is a patented, FCC compliant, two-way communication network connection between the system and a remote.
In other words, you can control your system from anywhere in the house.
The EcoWater WATER REFINING SYSTEM®
(ERR 3500R20) water softener system combines the benefits of water conditioning and carbon filtration in a cabinet style design. This system is highly recommended for those on a municipal water supply.
- Exclusive remote monitor with HydroLink® communications technology provides a portable and convenient way to monitor the product performance and water usage.
- Provides whole home carbon filtration without the inconvenience or expense of changing filters.
- System regenerates only as needed.
- Tank light illuminates salt tank.
- 68 hour power back up.
- System automatically adjusts settings when used with Potassium Chloride or if iron is present in the water.
- Features a 1″ valve for plumbing up to 1-1/2″.
- Energy efficient 24V transformer.
- Certified for the removal of Barium and Radium.
A water analysis from EcoWater Texas will help you assess what the best solution is for the quality and safety of your water supply.